Campaign of the Month: November 2016
A Fistful of Karma
You have stepped from a world of cyberpunk into a world of cowpunk
- All gear changes to fit a steampunk Old Western metaphor
- Armor changes into a leather duster
- No recoil technology exists, real cowboys only need one shot
- A revolver can be quick-drawn from any holster
- A grazing hit by a bullet puts a hole in your Stetson
- Your highest vehicle skill changes to become a Riding skill
- Your computer skills change into perform music skill
Cyberware And Bioware
- Cyberlimbs: Transform into something resembling medieval armor with additional touches of Victorian technology such as rivets, polished brass fittings, hydraulic pistons. All cyberlimbs has cyberhands that can be detached as a complex action. There are 4 types of cyberhands: regular hand, knife hand (hand razors), sword hand (spurs), gun hand (any implanted gun). Cyberguns gain +1 pistol dice and +1 accuracy.
- Cyber Power sources: Cyberlimbs, wired reflexes and similar devices require mechanical energy to function. If you don’t use any special bonuses or powers, they cyberware functions for an indefinite period without needing recharging. When using any special bonuses or powers the cyberware functions for a number of combat turns equal to your unmodified body attribute. To recharge the cyberware you must wind up the clockwork powering the cyberware by turning a large key in a socket in your breastbone. Make a strength check, each success achieves enough power for 1 Combat turn (limited by your body attribute). This charges up all cyberware you may have.
- Cyberoptics: Transform into various lens that can be rotated around a mounted brass housing riveted over your eye socket. Only one lens can be used at once. Rotating a lens in a simple action for a cybereye, a complex action for googles.
- Riggers: All riggers drones turn into appropriate animals that they can control. All drones must be feed in order to function. The cost of this is one meal per day per drone.
- Cyberdecks: Transform into a musical item of choice. Deckers can control animals with their music. Make a Music + Charisma check versus the animals will power + intuition. The number of net hits is the number of combat turns the decker can control the animal. The decker can do this a number of times equal to his charisma score. The creative juices can be restored with a drink of alcohol. Beer restores 1 use, wine 2 uses and dragon breath fully restores all uses of this ability.
- Bioware: Any bioware transforms into some sort of animal bond. An animal bond is some symbolically appropriate animal that has been magically grafted onto the character. Muscle implants might be tawny striped fur covering the character’s biceps. Boosts to charisma might be a forked tongue (damn snake oil salesmen). In order to power the animal bonds the character must gorge on several pounds of meat. This basically means the character needs to eat an extra meal each day consisting of meat.
|Derringer||Hold Out||Pistol||4P||-||SS*||2b||$5||Hold Out, Tasers|
|Light Revolver||Light Pistol||Pistol||7||6P||-||SA||6cy||$10||Light Pistols|
|Heavy Revolver||Heavy Pistol||Pistol||5||8P||-1||SS||6cy||$12||Heavy Pistols|
|Carbine||SMG||Automatics||5||6P||-||SA/BF||8m||$6||SMG, machine pistols|
|Light Rifle||Assault Rifle||Automatics||5||8P||-||SA||16m||$12||Assault Rifles|
|Heavy Rifle||Rifles||Long Arms||6||9P||-2||SS||16m||$15||Sniper Rifles|
|Scattergun||Heavy Pistol||Pistol||4||9P(f)||+4||SS*||2b||$7||Remington Roomsweeper|
SS* can burst fire by firing both barrels as a complex action giving a -1 to defense modifiers
|Ammo Box of 50||Cost|
1 Argent bullet costs the equivalent of 50 regular bullets of the appropriate type